Wednesday, October 24, 2012

In the mood for baking

With the holidays approaching, I started to clean out my freezer.  Last night, sloppy joes and tonight pasta with sauce.  I need to make room for the recipes I can make ahead and I also need my containers!

I have been reading the holiday issues of magazines (have I ever mentioned my addiction to food magazines?).  Also, I have been reading my copies of holiday cooking and craft books (another weakness of mine).  It put me in the mood to bake.

I tried the mini banana-cranberry-nut bread loaves, without the nuts.  WOW!  Cream cheese in banana bread: what can be better?  Perhaps bourbon, but I will save that rant for another post. I used the recipe and made 3 mini loaves and one regular loaf.  I baked the larger loaf for about 20 minutes longer.  I froze the mini loaves, but I am sure they will be eaten before the holidays.

I also tried the Oatmeal-Flax Chocolate Chip Cookies.  The taste was good, but the cookie came out a little flat.  That did not stop my family from eating them and they did not even realize there was oatmeal and flax meal in them.

No comments:

Post a Comment