Wednesday, June 25, 2014

From Trash to Treasure

My youngest turned 9 today and naturally, I had to make a cake.  So, last evening, I found a recipe that I wanted to try, Orange Cream Cupcakes.  It was easy enough to think I can make a layer cake from this recipe.  No problem!

My problem came...and I knew it in advance...but I did it anyway...when I used a store brand cooking spray on the cake pans.  I know better.  I know I should have been greasing and flouring, but, oh well.  No crying over spilled milk, or in this case, stuck cake!

I was not going to waste the time and effort, so I came up with plan B.  Orange Cream Trifle.  I whipped up some instant vanilla pudding, pulled out some blueberries, orange juice, and opened a container of whipped topping.

I broke up the cake, well, some of it was already broken up, in a trifle dish.  Any bowl will do.  And I brushed the cake with a bit of orange juice.

I then layered on the pudding and a few blueberries, repeating the whole process about three times.

 
When all the layers were complete, I topped with whipped cream. 

No comments:

Post a Comment