Monday, June 16, 2014

Open Face Tenderloin Sandwich with Burbon Balsamic Tomatoes

Every once in a while, when I have a coupon and a sale, I will buy a pre-marinated petite beef tenderloin.  Then I will save it for a more special occasion or company and make it look like I spent a lot on money.  This time, I got it ready for a nice lunch before my girls' dance recital.

The tenderloin was easy...I just popped it on the grill.  When it is finished to your liking (mine was medium), let the tenderloin rest before slicing.



 
 
 
I wanted to top it with something special so I came up with the bourbon balsamic tomatoes.  Heat a cast iron skillet and add a bit of olive oil.  Add a pint of cherry tomatoes, sprinkle with salt and pepper and cook until the tomatoes start to burst open.  Use medium heat and be patient.  It is worth the wait.



Once the tomatoes are becoming plump, take them off the heat to add 1/4 cup bourbon and 1/4 cup balsamic vinegar.  Return to heat and add one half sliced onion (a sweet onion is best).  Cook until the tomatoes open then keep warm.



The bread I used was toasted sourdough, but you can use what you like.  Top the bread with the tenderloin slices.  Add the tomatoes, top with shaved Parmesan, and drizzle with a store bought balsamic glaze.  Delicious!




 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

No comments:

Post a Comment