Tuesday, May 1, 2012

Grilled Vegetable Salad

I like salads, especially when I don't make them. The same with sandwiches. But I am trying to change that. This grilled vegetable salad had lots of veggies and is a change from the usual cold salad. The ingredients can vary according to your favorite vegetables. I used zucchini(cut in half), red onion (thickly sliced), red peppers (cut in wide strips), and romaine lettuce (cut in half lengthwise). Brush the vegetables with olive oil and sprinkle with salt and pepper. Heat grill to high (this time I used a stove top grill). Grill vegetables on each side until cooked with beautiful grill marks. For the lettuce, grill with cut side down just until slightly wilted.
Once the vegetables are grilled, chop into bite sized pieces. Mix all vegetables in a bowl. Add your favorite dressing. I used olive oil and balsamic venegar.

No comments:

Post a Comment